Current obsession - T U R M E R I C ! In order to make the most out of Turmeric it must be taken with a bit of fat and black pepper. Without fat, the active component in Turmeric, curcumin, has a difficult time being absorbed. Black Pepper has piperine which is a potent inhibitor of drug metabolism. One of the ways our liver gets rid of foreign substances is making them water soluble so they can be more easily excreted, piperine inhibits that process making it more easy to absorb. Bottom line, take Turmeric with a little fat and black pepper so you reap the incredible anti-inflammatory benefits.
This fresh juice recipe comes out like an "Orange Julius" and has all the fat and black pepper needed to absorb the amazing benefits of Turmeric.
- Fresh Squeezed Citrus Juice
- Coconut Oil
- Black Pepper
- Sprouted Almonds
- Juice 2 to 3 cups of fresh citrus and add it to your blender. Here I used Tangelos.
- Peel an inch or two piece of Turmeric and Ginger and add them to the blender. You can add more or less to taste.
- If it is cold melt a Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and add it to the mixer along with about 1/4 Teaspoon of freshly cracked Black Pepper and 1/2 cup of Sprouted Almonds.
- Blend well and enjoy. If you store it in the refrigerator the Coconut Oil could get hard. You can blend it again to melt it.
The Sprouted Almonds need to be started the day before.
How to Sprout Raw Almonds:
Soak the almonds over night 18-24 hours. Boil a big pot of water. Place the soaked almonds in the pot of boiling water for 15-20 SECONDS- just enough time so that you can peel them. Right away strain and place the almonds in an ice bath. Peel the skins off while you chant the mantra for purification. Store in the refrigerator in a glass container covering the almonds in water. They will last up to 2 weeks as long as you be sure to change the water daily.