This is a new spin on a old family recipe. Make the Tabbouleh Salad with out the tomatoes so it last longer in the refrigerator and add carrots for an extra crunch.
- Bulgar Wheat
- Persian Cucumbers
- Curly Parsley
- Meyer Lemon
- California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Soak and prepare the Bulgar Wheat as recommended on the package. Here I used a fine cracked bulgar wheat and soaked it over night in the refrigerator and then strained it the next day for the salad.
- Wash all the ingredients and lay them flat on a dish towel to dry.
- Pinch off the Mint and Parsley (here I used one package of fresh mint and one bundle of parsley) either with your hands or scissors into a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the cucumbers and carrots and add them to the bowl.
- Add the strained Bulgar Wheat, juice of 3 to 5 Meyer lemons and about a 1/4 teaspoon of fresh cracked Sea Salt, mix and serve. Will keep for about 3 to 5 days in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Serve the Tabbouleh Salad with freshly chopped tomatoes and avocado or all on it's own, enjoy!