Inspired by all the beet posts I've seen in my feed the past few weeks I was motivated to try my hand in homemade Beet filled Ravioli. Roasted Beets, Sprouted Cashews and Coconut Milk filling with an ode to my Grandma Lessie's Egg Noodle Recipe I learned as a child.
- Raw Cashews
- Coconut Milk
- California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Soak 1 cup of Raw Cashews in water for 4 to 8 hours.
- Place 3 Beets with their skin on in Tin Foil and roast in the oven at 425º for 25 minutes then take out and let cool. Once cooled peel the skin off and set aside.
- In a blender add cooled, peeled beets, the Cashews strained and one can of Organic Coconut Milk blend well.
- Make the ravioli dough by adding 2 cups of all purpose white flour on a workspace in a mound. Add one egg to the flour in the middle and use the half of the cracked egg shell of cold water to the mix and mix well. Add the second egg and water as before be sure to keep the space well floured. Then once the flour, egg and water have created a dough roll it out flat. Use a pasta cutter and slice the pasta in strips.
- Add the filling to the pasta and use your finger to dip it in water and then dabb the edges of the pasta. Place another strip of pasta on top and seal the raviolis well with your fingers.
- Boil a large pot of water and cook the pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente, serve with California Extra Virgin Olive Oil, basil, salt and freshly cracked black pepper.