Into making these Vegan Sushi Rolls for dinner, tonight's was sautéed Mushrooms, Asparagus, Cucumber, Avocado with Brown Rice wrapped in Seaweed. This recipe made three rolls.
- Large Seaweed Wraps
- Short Grain Brown Rice
- Soy Sauce
- Pure Maple Syrup
- In a sauce pan cook 1 Cup of Brown Rice in 2 Cups of Water, with 1 Teaspoon of Rice Vinegar and 1 Tablespoon of Pure Maple Syrup, bring to a boil on high heat, then reduce the heat and cover to cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked through and the excess water has evaporated.
- Mix 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce and 1 Tablespoon of Pure Maple Syrup and set aside. In a frying pan sauté the sliced Mushrooms in 1 Tablespoon of California Extra Virgin Olive Oil on high heat until the Mushrooms sweat out all their liquid and begin to brown, this takes about 10 to 15 minutes, then right at the end add the Soy Sauce and Pure Maple Syrup and sauté until the mushrooms are coated well.
- Steam the Asparagus and set aside.
- Wash and slice the Cucumber and set aside.
- To assemble to rolls place your sushi roller down first then a large Seaweed Wrap, Spread evenly the rice, then add your Cucumber, Asparagus, Avocado and Mushrooms, roll tight and slice with a sharp knife, repeat until your full.