Homemade Pho, with homemade vegetable broth. For my consititution it's better for me to stay away from spicy foods but when I am sick I notice it helps me fight off whatever I've got. Tonight my Pho is extra spicy.
- Vegetable Broth (See my last post for recipe)
- Chili Paste
- Rice Noodles
- Chop up Carrots, Cabbage and corn and add them to the large soup or serving bow.
- Slice thinly some Lime and Lemon wedges to garnish the soup and then juice the remainder and add to the bowls. Here I used an entire Meyer Lemon and Lime for each bowl.
- Peel and chop the fresh Ginger into very small pieces, add to each bowl.
- Deseed and slice the Jalapeno.
- Add as much Chili Paste as you like. (You could serve the Lemon, Lime, Ginger, Jalapeno and Chili Paste on the table)
- Cook the Rice Noodles as instructed, add to the bowls.
- Cover each bowl with as much hot vegetable broth as desired, stir, slurp and enjoy.