To make a delicious sandwich start with buying the highest quality ingredients you can find. This baguette from Prager Brother's is delivered warm to the Carlsbad Ranch Market as well as their other pastries and pretzels. Along with fresh bread, the Carlsbad Ranch Market carries the best avocados around, lots of local produce and it’s located in the same building as my yoga studio, yoga80 Carlsbad making it convenient as well.
- Yellow Squash
- Heiloom Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Sea Salt
- California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash all the ingredients and let dry on a dish towel.
- Preheat the oven to 425º
- Slice the Eggplant and set on a paper towel. Lightly salt each side of the Eggplant so it can sweat out some of the bitterness. Brush generously with California Extra Virgin Olive Oil and place the Eggplant on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Cook in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until brown, turn the Eggplant halfway through.
- Thinly slice the Yellow Squash and set aside.
- Thinly slice the Heirloom Tomato and set aside.
- To assemble to Sandwich slice the baguette in half and place the roasted Eggplant straight from the oven hot on the baguette first, then right on the hot Eggplant add the thinly sliced raw yellow squash followed by the Heirloom Tomato, Basil and top with Avocado. You can enjoy the sandwich right away or wrap the baguette in parchement paper and take it to the beach.
- The sandwich will last 24 hours with the Avocado but you could leave the Avocado off and it will last longer 48 + hours. Then add Avocado to the sandwich right before you serve the meal.